Workplace and Job Type
Sept-Iles Office (Québec)
Human and Finance Resources Services
Nature of the work
In addition to the duties defined in the class of employment of secretary, the principal and customary work of an employee in this class of employment consists in performing, in a relatively autonomous manner, secretarial duties of a complex nature for one or more persons.
The employee in this class of employment responds to information requests concerning the follow-up of files and meetings, policies, regulations or other subjects related to the duties performed and, if necessary, issues reminders; he or she forwards the pertinent documentation; handles the mail as well as finds, gathers and compiles pertinent information; within the limits of his or her duties, the employee prepares a draft response, forwards it to the person concerned and ensures the follow-up; prepares a summary of complicated problems and issues before forwarding them to the person concerned.
He or she greets visitors to his or her administrative unit, provides any information within his or her competence or refers them to the persons concerned; as instructed, he or she keeps the agenda of the person or persons for whom he or she works.
The employee organizes meetings, convenes participants and prepares the necessary files; as instructed, he or she prepares a draft agenda of the subjects received and, if necessary, attends meetings and prepares a draft of the minutes.
He or she drafts memorandums or bulletins from brief notes and works with others to set up a filing system; archives the documents in his or her sector according to the policy in effect.
He or she uses a computer and the necessary software to perform his or her duties related to word processing, database entry, spreadsheets and in-house programs; carries out research on the Internet and follows up on e-mail messages. He or she may be required to help, on occasion, colleagues with the common software and programs used.
He or she may be required to train new executive secretaries and to coordinate the work of support staff.
If need be, he or she performs any other related duty.
• Hold a diploma of vocational studies in secretarial studies or a Secondary 5 diploma or a diploma or certificate of studies whose equivalence is recognized by the competent authority.
• have four (4) years of relevant experience.
• Knowledge of Office 365.
• Ability to communicate with people.
• Autonomy and sense of responsibility.
• Ability to work under pressure.
• Excellent knowledge of French and English, written and spoken, as well as in writing and editing.
Salary and condition of employment
• Salary between $ 22.54 and $ 26.00 per hour with an 8% retention premium;
• Possibility of partial teleworking after 6 months;
• 4 weeks of vacation (depending on the hiring date);
• 7 days of illness;
• Very advantageous pension plan (RREGOP);
• Group insurance plan;
• Tele-medicine program;
• Employee assistance program.
Deadline to apply